NIKKI’S ALL ENCOMPASSING CITATION TUTORIAL
Holy fuck I wish I had this for my big essay last year. ><
Winter sore throat “tea”- In a jar combine lemon slices, organic honey and sliced ginger. Close jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a “jelly”. To serve- spoon jelly into mug and pour boiling water over it. Store in fridge 2-3 months.
Reblogging this in case any of you little jelly beans get sick (◡‿◡✿)
oh my god this took six hours i’m so sorry (and thank you for the compliment djfklfdjdflkdlskjs)
CAT’S EXTREMELY QUICK GUIDE TO BANGING OUT A REALLY FUCKING LONG PAPER
- if you have a choice in paper topic pick something you really like? i mean you don’t always, but if there is something you genuinely care about, you can probably talk about it for ages
- once you’ve picked your topic: do a fuckton of research. do research for a solid 4 straight hours. take notes. is your information relevant? who cares? is it going to be useful? who the fuck knows? write down EVERYTHING.
- congratulations, you now have EVIDENCE, and every good paper is driven by evidence! it’s helpful to have your evidence handwritten, so you can look at it and take notes on it; spread it out in front of you, find surprising connections and patterns, find obvious connections and patterns, think about the implications of every little detail.
- write down your ideas. write down all the patterns; write down all the connections; write down all the implications.
- think about how your patterns and connections and implications could be best organized to make a fun story! this is literally what essays are, no one is going to tell you this, but it’s basically “once upon a time there was a thing, thing was A, therefore thing was B, therefore thing was C, and thing all lived happily ever after (or died)!”
- okay now get a bunch more patterns and connections and implications and write them down AGAIN and organize them into a story AGAIN.
- think about how the two stories relate to each other! they are probably part of a greater whole, i.e., your topic! mush them together into a seamless huger story!
- repeat as many times as necessary to have an outline that is VERY LONG
- get a damn good 8tracks playlist, once you find the Perfect Essay-Writing 8Tracks Playlist it is like finding your future spouse
- plug your headphones in. get something caffeinated. find a comfortable place to curl up. make sure none of your friends want to talk to you for the next few days.
- self-control!!!!! i tend to do it in 75-minute segments because that is about the amount of time i can concentrate w/o becoming ineffective.
- prepare yourself to become intimately acquainted with four in the morning.
- become intimately acquainted with four in the morning.
- once it is written, do not look at it for another 24 hours. don’t. DON’T.
- go over it! realize your ideas are shit! make them less shit! realize they are deeply disorganized! organize them!
- last of all, correct typos, clarify language, add sparkles, add a visual aid if you want one, make sure everything is glittery
- send it in!
- never, ever, ever think about it again!
Well fuck you too.
For those that do not get this: Bulbasaur is the first on the pokedex, Mew is the genetic ancestor to all Pokemon Rhydon was the first Pokemon ever created, and Arceus created the universe so it is also technically the first in that came before everything, even space and time. Therefore there is no correct answer
pokemon aint real hows that answer
Kill the nonbeliever
Above is the “Know Anon” code that allows you to expose any hateful anons you wish at your own whim. If you know anyone who’s struggling with anonymous hate, reblog this for them.
- How to install
Simply copy the above code and paste it right after the <head> portion of the HTML coding on your blog. This is with the jQuery script included, so everything should be covered. Once you’ve done this, update and save, then exit your customize page.
Re-enter your customize page, and under “appearance” should be a button called “Enable Know Anon”, which may be on or off automatically, depending. Flip the switch to enable or disable it, then save.
- How to use
When you get anonymous hate or anon messages you find offensive, simply exit your Inbox, enter your Customize page, flip the switch to “on”, then save and exist. Re-enter your inbox, and any and all anonymous messages will be exposed with a URL, if they have one. Note that this includes everything, not just the hate. Another thing to note is that, once you expose anons in the inbox, you can’t un-expose them. Flipping the switch back to “off” does nothing.
Answer a message people thought was on anon, and gee, they’ll get a nasty little surprise, hmm? It’s better than a fake anonymous button because while you still can’t control who it exposes, you can control when to do so.
Remember though, that this isn’t the only way to stop anonymous hate. As always, there’s simply the “turn anonymous asks off” button. And thanks to the update from a few months ago, anons CAN be blocked.
That little hand right there? That’s the ignore button. It’s present on all asks sent, whether anon or otherwise. When you block an anon, you have the option to report them for spam or harassment, and it will permanently block them. It also blocks the IP address and computer, so that person can’t take advantage of extra accounts to continue sending you hate. It effectively wipes that person right out of your Tumblr life. They cannot contact your blog again, ever.
For the website that gives you the Know Anon code, with or without jQuery script, in case that causes trouble (most themes come with it pre-installed, but not all), go here.
[ Goodness, wow thank you very much for letting me know this existed! That was very considerate of you! ]
EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN GETTING LITTLE NO-LIFE SHITHEADS BOTHERING THEM.
Here you go. <3
So you have your ask.
Highlight the word “block”
Right click the word block.
Click “View Selection Source”
Something like this should pop up:
Highlight the “IP” (the blacked out part).
Copy the IP address and paste it to this website:
Paste the IP address into there, press enter or “Lookup IP Address” and all the information should come up.
unrelated post but important.
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
ok we had to watch this in chem class
thE LAB PARTNER THOUGH I CAN’T BREATHE
this is like a really bad porno
WE WATCHED THIS IN MY ENVIRO CLASS AND WE WERE FUCKING ROLLING ON THE GROUND JESUS CHRIST THE TEACHER WAS BENT IN HALF TRYING NOT TO LAUGH
THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN YOU TAKE OFF YOUR GLASSES
EVERYTHING JUST GETS KINDA BLURRY
I CAN STILL SEE HOW MANY FINGERS YOURE HOLDING UP ASSHOLE